Brands Hatch crash Craig Jennings

General chit chat and shenanegans

Re: Brands Hatch crash Craig Jennings

Postby Solder » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:18 pm

Hey Moose,

I don't know what the arrangements at the new place will be yet. I am speaking to Becks this weekend about some things and I'll have a chat about it and then I'll post what I can.

Gav
Solder
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Solder » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:54 pm

All,

Saw Becks and Craig yesterday.

The rehab centre he is in seems a great place. The staff we saw are smashing and very focussed on helping Craig.

I hadn't seen Craig for a few weeks and there has been a definite improvement since then. He seemed more alert and aware of those that were around him, although he can't tell us I'm sure he understands what is being said to him. :) He has an intensive programme of physio etc. lined up to try and increase his mobility.

The time available for visits is greater at this place than was the case at the hospital and Becks has said she would welcome any of the YPM gang who want to visit Craig. To arrange a visit drop an email to becinnorwich@hotmail.com and she will let you know the how, what and when. Be patient if you don't get a reply straight away. She has a lot of things to sort out a present.
Solder
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Properjob » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:14 pm

Sounds like a great environment and some promising signs for Craig.

Thanks for the update.
Properjob
Front Runner
Front Runner

Postby Moose » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:52 pm

I don't know if anyone has seen the following Facebook message from Sarah Jordan??

"Had some amazing news this morning that our racing friend Paul Martin who was very badly injured in May is now walking and talking and able to remember things and recognise his family and friends. Awesome".

Fingers crossed we'll all be posting something similar about Craig in the very near future........
Andy "Moose" Muse | +44 (0)7764 338551 | http://www.3xracing.co.uk
Moose
Champion
Champion

Postby ypm76 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:34 am

This isn't an official update, just an observation by me...

More good news, Sqwelch's facebook status is currently

Fatboy spoke to me for the first time yesterday! He seemed rather pleased to call me one of his favoured insults with a cheesy great grin on his face. Absolutely made up.

The insult in question was 'penis' :)

There's still a very long recovery road for him but this surely means he's intact in there.
ypm76
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Trumpet » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:43 am

ypm76 wrote:More good news, Sqwelch's facebook status is currently

Fatboy spoke to me for the first time yesterday! He seemed rather pleased to call me one of his favoured insults with a cheesy great grin on his face. Absolutely made up.

The insult in question was 'penis' :)

That is fantastic news. Not only is his speech on the way back, he hasn't lost his power of observation or judgement!
Trumpet
Tail Ender
Tail Ender

Postby Solder » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:43 pm

Absolutely correct as I pointed out to Sqwelch last night....Penis :lol:

Weather permitting I shall be visiting Craig and Becks on Sunday and will get a progress report posted.

Gav
Solder
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Headling » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:27 pm

Superb news! Really pleased he is on the mend, wish him all the best from Mark and Jules
65 # If in doubt go flat out!!
Headling
Midpack Hustler
Midpack Hustler

Postby Nellie » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:12 pm

As a long term believer that those who abuse you most, love you best, I am absolutely made up to hear that Craig has issued an insult. These are truly the phrases that bind us together.

Gawd bless yer mate and I hope to be privileged enough that you will abuse me roundly before too long.

Keep on keeping on, Nellie :)
arrivederci tutti from Nellie #59 YPVS 350
Nellie
Tail Ender
Tail Ender

Postby Solder » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:41 pm

OK all,

First of all have a Happy and Safe New Year.

Just back from visiting Becks and Craig today.

I am truly pleased to be able to report a great deal of progress in Craig's condition. Please bear in mind when reading the following that Craig’s brain injury was as we know very severe and any progress that is being made is so in small increments, but things are moving in the right direction.

Craig has been moved to a different room with-in the hospital which is better and has enabled his picture wall to be remade. It's plastered with stuff including the group photo from the Brands Air Ambulance Charity T-shirt thing.

As soon as I walked into his room I was struck by how much Craig looked like Craig if you know what I mean. He clearly recognises people and shook my hand. He then proceeded to give me the finger, a gesture that apparently a certain other Ramit member has recently encouraged him to practice :D :D

It is clear that there is a lot going on in Craig’s head and he is gradually regaining the ability to communicate this. He is beginning to string together words, and has regained a bit more movement in his right hand whilst his dexterity in the left has improved to the extent that he can play "Connect-4” at which he beat me 4-3 :o

We went for a short push around the grounds of the hospital in his wheel chair but it was a bit too cold for a long walk.

When we got back Craig was typing names on Becks lap-top, with difficulty, but nether-the-less he managed to type “Love you Becks” whilst I was there.
So all in all quite a step forward over the last month or so.

Craig and Becks say Hi to you all.

Gav
Solder
Rookie
Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat