My no spark problem

Technical questions and answers

My no spark problem

Postby davewills4 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Hi everyone, have had a no spark issue on my 1kt since November last year. Been trying to diagnose the problem by changing plugs, ignition coil, having checked my cdi box by plugging it in to another bike thanks to a member of this forum. That proved there wasn't a fault with that, replaced the pick up coil with a new one from electrex world. Sent my stator off to west country windings who said is fine, but after reading several posts that said even though may read good on a multimeter may still not work.So my next test would be to try a different stator on the bike,but am struggling to find one to swap with, anyone on this forum any idea where i can lay my hands on one would be willing to pay postage if someone can post one to me then i can return it back to you. If i was to buy a new stator anyone no the correct one to get and where from. Hope somebody can help as getting desperate now
Cheers Dave
davewills4
Spectator
Spectator

Re: My no spark problem

Postby simontzr » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:19 pm

Hi Dave i have the same problem with my 1kt had stator checked (working ok) fitted new coil, but dont have spare cdi to try if you are local you can try my stator
simom
simontzr
Spectator
Spectator

Postby davewills4 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:29 am

Hi Simon thanks for the reply I am in Newport Shropshire. Where about is Ruislip is that down London way? Is your stator off the bike and what connectors does it have as i have seen some that the brown green and red wires are in a round type connector but mine are in rectangular block type. Cheers Dave
davewills4
Spectator
Spectator

Postby simontzr » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:42 pm

Hi Dave i have the rectangular block type. Ruislip in in middlesex
Regards
simon
simontzr
Spectator
Spectator

Postby davewills4 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:20 pm

Hi Simon, has your stator been checked out to say it is ok as mine was checked by west country windings and I was told it was reading fine. As it was when i checked it on a multimeter myself, was hoping they might of done some sort of different test on it but sounds like they just tested it the same as I did plus under heat. Just hoping to source a stator from somewhere so I can try it out on my bike. Have got a chap off the forum possibly coming round over Easter with a few bits off his Tzr to try and see if we can solve the problem if all goes to plan

cheers Dave
davewills4
Spectator
Spectator

Postby simontzr » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:00 pm

Hi Dave yes stator has been tested by west country windings and been told working fine i will see if i can get some one with a tzr to check my cdi, good luck getting yours running again
Thanks
simon
simontzr
Spectator
Spectator

Postby Ells » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:42 pm

Think the pick ups from electrex world need to be wired the other way round. If its the P1 pickuup - I am sure you have to wire it the wrong way round.

Sounds mad but sure thats the way to go

Mark
#90 Going slower than last year
Ells
Tail Ender
Tail Ender

Postby Mateussiry » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:50 pm

Hey Dave! Did you manage to fix your problem? Any chance that you can share the solution? I'm very interested what caused your issue. Thanks
You grow up the day you have the first real laugh at yourself.
Mateussiry
Spectator
Spectator

Postby davewills4 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:26 am

Hi Mateussiry, have finally got the no spark problem sorted after 6 months of head scratching. Ended up replacing the stator, pick up coil, ignition coil, plug caps, and replacing a few earth connections and wires. Turns out was probably the pick up but some dodgy earth wire didn't help. Teezer 250 off the forum brought some bits down for us to swap as i had already taken my cdi box up to his bike to try out and seemed to work ok. When we rigged up a stator off a tdr he had, it worked so i ordered a new one from electrex world along with a new pick up and just finished putting it all back together yesterday and she fired up 2 nd kick :D

cheers Dave
davewills4
Spectator
Spectator

Return to Technical